10 delicious food stalls around Ngo Tat To and Thi Nghe streets, Binh Thanh District
Like other countries, cuisine is one of the best factors in Vietnamese culture. Especially, when you have long-term living in Saigon, Vietnam, cuisine must be the most concerning.
To solve your problems, Housing Saigon will introduce the best features in Vietnamese culinary culture through the “Vietnamese cuisine” series. In this article, let’s explore one of the busiest dining areas in Binh Thanh district, with the affordable price of course.
1. Bun Mam ABC
- Address: No 13, Ngo Tat To street, Ward 21
- Opening hours: 8:00 – 21:00
- Price: VND35,000 – VND45,000
Thi Nghe area is known as a famous Bun Mam (a noodle soup cooked with fermented fish) paradise. This restaurant comes with two rooms and is always crowded both inside and outside.
The taste of vermicelli is very delicious, full topping, with roasted pork, fish, shrimp, squid, and fish cakes. Vegetables are plentiful and fresh. There are many kinds of dipping sauces, such as sweet and sour tamarind fish sauce, pickled fish sauce with chili, and chili satay.
2. Anh Tuyet Grilled Chicken
- Address: No 71, Ngo Tat To street, Ward 21
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Price: VND25,000 – VND150,000
There are a few tables for customers, but taking dishes away is the best choice. The restaurant specializes in serving grilled chicken and pork dishes: chicken thighs, chicken wings, chicken gizzards, pork. You can buy a whole chicken for a party or buy chicken rice. Grilled chickens are always delicious, crispy, and so hot of course.
3. Bun Bo Xua (The old beef noodle soup)
- Address: No 69, Ngo Tat To street, Ward 21
- Opening hours: 7:00 – 21:00
- Price: VND25,000 – VND50,000
The shop has a large yard in front that can easily accommodate cars and motorbikes. The interior space is spacious, decorated in an old style. Beef noodle soup has many choices of pork, pork, spring rolls, … There is even a dessert of sweet soup with pomegranate dew, which is very enjoyable to eat.
4. Mixed fried noodles
- Address: Next to Hien Linh church (No 5GH, Ngo Tat To street)
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Price: VND35,000 – VND50,000.
Located along the alley next to Hien Linh church, the small restaurant has a few tables but it is always crowded. Some customers spend their time to stay and enjoy the meals, but most of them choose talking away.
The restaurant serves a lot of dishes, such as fried noodles, fried noodles, fried rice, beef shakes, etc. Your meals will be processed right after you order, so that the food is always hot. However, due to the large number of guests, it will sometimes take a long time to wait.
5. Luong Ky Mi Gia (noodle family)
- Address: No 01, Huynh Man Dat street, Ward 19
- Opening hours: 15:00 – 23:30
- Price: VND50,000 – VND110,000
Thanks to its long history, the restaurant is always crowded. In addition to the famous special duck egg noodle soup, Luong Ky restaurant also serves dumplings, braised beef, and kidney noodles. The special duck egg noodle soup is a bit expensive, but the thighs are huge, and served with pickled papaya. The dipping sauce is also delicious.
6. Ut Duyen grilled chicken
- Address: No 36, Nguyen Cong Tru street, Ward 19
- Opening hours: 15:00 – 23:30
- Price: VND30,000 – VND50,000
Although Nguyen Cong Tru is a small street, the food is plentiful, extremely diverse, delicious, and cheap. Stolling about 300m, you will see a Hue cake which specializes in selling various types of water spinach, opposite is Ut Duyen grilled chicken restaurant, next to it is a lot of restaurants that serve fried noodles, tea and fruit smoothies.
The staff are very gentle, and extremely cute. When enjoying your meals at this restaurant you can also order from the other one. Most restaurants on Nguyen Cong Tru street start selling in the late afternoon.
7. Teppan Yaki Hajime Restaurant
- Address: No 34, Nguyen Viet Chanh street, Ward 19
- Opening hours: 12:00 – 14:30 and 17:00 – 23:00
- Price: VND50,000 – VND250,000
This is one of the delicious and popular teppan restaurants. The restaurant is a bit small, simply decorated. You can sit at the counter then watch the chefs prepare your meal. There are a lot of delicious dishes, such as: avocado salmon, takoyaki, okonomiyaki, grilled meat, sausage, chicken with mustard sauce, avocado shrimp with mango sauce, and pancakes. The food is served quickly, the staff is so cute and enthusiastic.
8. Hana Maru Japanese Noodles
- Address: No 8C, Nguyen Ngoc Phuong street, Ward 19
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 23:00
- Price: VND100,000 – VND150,000
This restaurant comes with quite delicious noodles, the broth is better than other Japanese noodle restaurants, and there are also pickles served. The restaurant has spacious parking, and the staff are very friendly.
9. Japanese Takoyaki (Octopus Cake)
- Address: No 20, Nguyen Van Lac street, Ward 19
- Opening hours: 15:00 – 22:00
- Price: VND20,000 – VND45,000
The restaurant serves very delicious octopus cakes with stable quality. There are a lot of shaved fish, big fibers, and they are very enjoyable to eat. Soft fragrant cake, dough with cabbage, served with chili sauce and mayonnaise. Because it’s crowded, when coming to this restaurant you always see customers waiting so that the staff look nonstop.
10. Rice flour soup cake
- Address: No 246, Xo Viet Nghe Tinh street, Ward 17
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 22:00
- Price: VND35,000 – VND50,000
The restaurant is located facing the street, so it is very airy and bustling. Banh Canh (bread soup) is slightly seasoned, but the rice noodles are very tasty and chewy. In addition, the bread soup also has a lot of toppings such as pork rolls, fish cakes, and quail eggs.