Exploring Nha Rong Harbor with Housing Saigon
Nha Rong Harbor is one of the most famous landmarks in Ho Chi Minh city, and also of great significance in Vietnam’s history. It was in this place that the first president of Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh (Nguyen Ai Quoc) had begun his 30-year journey finding a way to save the country from the colonial regime.
If it is your first time, or even if you have settled in Saigon for a while, Nha Rong Harbor will always be the most fascinating historical destination that you and your family should not miss. Let’s explore with Housing Saigon.
- Add: No 1, Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, Ward 12, District 4, Ho Chi Minh City
- Booking number: 02839402060
- Website: bennharong.hochiminh.vn
- Ticket fee: VND20,000/person
From Tuesday to Sunday
- 07:30 – 11:30 am
- 13:30 – 17:00 pm
- Self-sufficient vehicles: The road to Nha Rong Harbor is quite easy and there is a private parking area for individuals, so you can go here by motorbike or car. This vehicle helps you to be more active in travel time and conveniently visit many other places.
- Public transport: Visitors can choose to take a bus to Nha Rong Harbor, with trips 02, 03, 19 and 56.
- Going in groups: If you go in groups, you can choose to rent a tour bus to have a more specific sightseeing schedule.
Learn about Nha Rong Harbor
1. When was Nha Rong Harbor built?
Previously, Nha Rong Harbor was a headquarters of the Saigon trading port, built by the French colonialists in 1863. After the war ended, this work was assigned to the South Vietnamese government to manage, since then. They remodeled and redesigned the building. Today, this place has become one of the branches in the system of museums about President Ho Chi Minh across the country.
2. The historical significance of Nha Rong Harbor
Nha Rong Harbor has an extremely important historical significance. It was here, on June 5, 1911, that President Ho Chi Minh boarded the ship Admiral Latouche Tréville to leave Vietnam and begin his journey finding a way to save the country from the oppression of French colonialists.
3. Beauty over the years
Nha Rong Harbor has now been repaired and renovated, including main areas such as: Ho Chi Minh Museum, Uncle Ho’s monument, fountain and harbor campus.
The structure of the Ho Chi Minh Museum includes 1 ground floor, 2 floors and 7 galleries with 8 other galleries with an area of over 1,500m2. The roof of the Dragon House is designed according to the very familiar motif of “Two dragons adoring the moon” of Vietnamese temples. With impressive architecture, the people here have called this work Nha Rong and the nearby harbor is Nha Rong Harbor.
Currently, there have been many documents, artifacts and pictures recording the revolutionary activities of President Ho Chi Minh during the resistance war.
Nha Rong Harbor is surrounded by many apartment buildings, such as: The Tresor, Masteri Millenium, etc. Housing Saigon offers the best rental apartments for your needs. Contact us for more information!