Explore Phu Nhuan District in Saigon with Housing Saigon
Phu Nhuan District, one of the central districts in Saigon, less hustling but no less exciting than District 1. From Tan Son Nhat Airport, it only takes you about 10 minutes to Phu Nhuan District by taxis, and 10 more minutes to District 1. Phu Nhuan District has a lot of things to offer from delicious dishes to shopping streets, café shops and local places with a variety of things for you to explore.
You also like
- How Much Should You Pay To Rent House In Saigon?
- Nguyen Phi Khanh street: One of Saigon’s street food heavens
Full of attractive dishes
Phan Xich Long is one of the busiest areas of Phu Nhuan District. Unlike other streets in Ho Chi Minh City which are usually named after heroic figures or numbered, the area around Phan Xich Long street has 13 streets named after flowers’ like Hoa Mai (ochna tree flower), Hoa Dao (peach tree flower), Hoa Phuong (flame tree flower), Hoa Su (plumeria tree flower),…
This area is full of many kinds of restaurants and local food stores, from luxury to affordable, from big restaurants to street food stalls, or small vendors under apartment buildings. The characteristic of this area is that it is always crowded, whether on weekdays or weekends. If you do not know what to eat in Phu Nhuan district, just visit Phan Xich Long area and enjoy the diversity.
Some popular food stores that have been famous for decades:
- Banh Duc (plain rice flan) Phan Dang Luu: 116/11 Phan Dang Luu, Ward 3, Phu Nhuan District
- Doan Thi Diem noodle soup: 1 Doan Thi Diem, Ward 1, Phu Nhuan District
- Ms. Huyen rice noodle soup: Alley 38 Tran Ke Xuong, Ward 7, Phu Nhuan District
- Ba Ghien broken rice: 84 Dang Van Ngu, Ward 10, Phu Nhuan District
- Co Dieu crab soup: 710 Nguyen Kiem, Phu Nhuan
- Grilled banana wrapped in sticky rice: 109 Phan Dang Luu, Ward 7, Phu Nhuan
Featured with garden Café shops
Beside famous restaurants and local food stores, there are also many garden café shops with Saigonese-style in Phu Nhuan district. The common attraction of these garden café shops is the space surrounded by green trees, relaxing music and sometime old songs that make us feel memorable:
- The Fig – Lounge & Café: 15 Nguyen Thi Huynh, Ward 8, Phu Nhuan District
- Tram Café: 100 Tran Huy Lieu, Ward 15, Phu Nhuan District
- Moc Hi-End Café: 29 – 31 Hoa Mai, Phu Nhuan District
- Loc Vung Café: 386 – 388 Truong Sa, Ward 2, Phu Nhuan District
Cultural and religious diversity
Most famous for its food streets, but of course Phu Nhuan district is more than just eating. This area is also extremely diverse in culture and religion. If you want to learn a little about Islamic culture, stop by Jamiyah Islamic Cathedral on Nguyen Van Troi street or walk around Huynh Van Banh street area to see the Muslims in traditional costumes.
Besides, Phu Nhuan district also has many large temples – a religious rendezvous for religious people such as Hue Nghiem Pagoda, Dai Giac Pagoda, Quan The Am Pagoda,…
You can also visit several religious sites and attractions in Phu Nhuan District to understand more about Vietnamese culture and history. Days and nights, Phu Nhuan District is full of people, but not as crowded as District 1 to ensure you have quality leisure time. Learn more about other districts with our guide at: housingsgn.com/blog.